Student Services

Academic Advising

Mentors carry the primary responsibility for academic advising. First-year students are assigned a faculty mentor who will discuss and approve their academic schedules. Mentors will also provide other forms of counseling and advising. Students will meet their Mentors during Fall Orientation. Transfer and continuing students have faculty mentors in their chosen majors. Upon declaration of a major, students will be assigned to an academic program mentor who helps the student in program planning within the major. Program mentors also play a more general counseling role and help students in career planning. Although mentors review student schedules, final responsibility in meeting all graduation requirements rests with students. Students should periodically check with their mentor as well as the Registrar’s Office to make sure that their programming is proceeding as scheduled. Exceptions to the catalog or faculty rules governing graduation requirements can be granted only through review and recommendation of the academic appeals committee.

FPU is committed to providing opportunities for strong intellectual growth, which includes more than just mastering course content. The university challenges students to improve their abilities to think clearly and to communicate ideas accurately and effectively. Students are encouraged to express personal values openly and to challenge and evaluate competing ideas with fairness and insight.

Academic Success Center 

Academic Success Center 

The Academic Success Center’s mission is to boost student achievement through a variety of services. All ASC staff and student workers are professionally trained through the College Reading and Learning Association to develop the knowledge and skills needed to confidently, independently, and actively strengthen the learning community. 

Our goal is student success! We strive to support all students to reach their full academic potential as a student and to succeed in their endeavors at FPU. We provide academic coaching, tutoring in writing and most general education subjects, and access to resources to help students during their time in college. 

The ASC is located in Marpeck 105 on the main FPU campus. 

Phone: 559-453-5585 


Academic Coaching 

Academic coaching offers students space to ask questions about all aspects of life as a college student, how to navigate the university, and college success strategies. Students are welcome to engage with an academic coach on a drop-in basis or in ongoing one-on-one appointments. Academic coaches offer accountability, feedback, and encouragement to help achieve higher levels of academic performance. 

Study Hall 

The ASC on the main campus offers space for group and individual study. We have a reservable quiet space for individual or group study, and we offer coffee, tea, and snacks/microwaveable meals courtesy of the Sunbird Pantry. There are also study spaces at the Visalia and North Fresno campuses. 


One-on-one tutoring is available to students for writing assignments across all disciplines and for help with general education subjects. Sessions are 30-50 minutes long and are available by appointment and through drop-in service. Writing tutoring is offered both online and in-person. Subject tutoring and academic coaching appointments are offered primarily in-person but can be requested to be conducted via Zoom. 


Our writing tutors are trained to work with students at any stage in their writing process, though we encourage students to come in before any writing is done and plan and organize their essays with our writing tutors. Tutors offer help with development of ideas and theses, organization, formatting, and clarity. We welcome students of all language acquisition and will help our international students with English grammar rules. However, please note that the Academic Success Center does not provide proofreading services. 

General Education Subject 

Tutoring is available for STEM, biblical, and Spanish general education courses. The tutoring emphasizes collaborative and alternative methods of learning to help process classroom lectures and activities as well as work through expectations and game plans for homework assignments. Please note that our tutors do not offer homework help and will use practice sets to help guide through certain principals and ideas instead of working on the homework assignment itself. 

Career Services

The Career Service Center (CSC) provides a variety of career-related services to all students and alumni of the university. The CSC staff assists with career selection and job searches. Every student is encouraged to meet with the CSC career counselors to develop a career plan. Services include:

  • Career Counseling
  • Career planning and career testing
  • Career Services Library
  • Eureka – the most widely uses computerized career program
  • Critique Resumes and cover letters
  • Job Interviewing for internships, part-time and full-time work
  • Employer information
  • "What can I do with a major in...?"
  • Graduate schools and Seminary application assistance
  • Internships
  • Job search strategies for today’s competitive job market
  • Excellent and well informed workshops
  • Job listings for full-time & part-time jobs, ministries, summer jobs and internships
  • Scholarship and grant information

Location: Steinert Campus Center, Room 126.

Phone: (559) 453-2220 Fax: (559) 453-7147


Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

Visit the Career Services Center website for extensive information at:

Employment Services

The Career Service Center assists students in locating employment by providing information on available Jobs for on-campus and off-campus (part-time and full-time positions, summer employment, ministries and internships) are located in the Career Services Center’s Library, in Steinert, Room 129.


Current job listings may also be viewed by visiting College Central Network accessible from the Career Services Center Website at Go to the job listings section from our website and click on College Central Network and then register.

To apply for on-campus positions students need to complete and submit an “Application for Student Employment” form located in the Career Services Center.

For questions regarding student employment contact

Director of Career Services

Steinert Campus Center, Room 132

(559) 453-2220

Commuter Life

Commuter Life exists to enhance the commuter students’ educational experience at FPU. The Director of Commuter Services (DCS) is as a professional staff member who supports and advocates for all nonresidential students. Students may seek seek assistance of the DCS regarding information, academic, or personal concerns. Commuter Assistants are a team of five commuter students hired to serve the broader population of commuter students at FPU . The Commuter Coordinator is an elected member of Student Government whose primary job is to represent the needs of commuter students to university staff, administration, and student government.


The Counseling Office promotes the psychological health and well-being of the FPU community. Students are viewed as dynamic individuals who are in the process of becoming the people God created them to be. Academic success is facilitated by psychological health, and counseling services are available for enrichment, growth, and healing.

Psychological Services

Counseling services are provided by through On-Site Counseling. The services include individual and couple’s counseling and group therapy. Both licensed and master’s prepared clinicians (interns/trainees) provide clinical counseling/psychotherapy and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Clinical counseling enhances psychological well-being by exploring unhealthy patterns of relationship, challenging distortions and defenses in the personality structure, and exploring more effective ways to live. In turn, this psychological work facilitates the development of a more mature, richer relationship with God. Counseling services are available to all currently enrolled FPU students.

Potential reasons to seek counseling may include: personal enrichment and growth, adjustment issues, self-esteem, abuse and trauma, young adult identity, suicidal thoughts, substance use and abuse, eating disorders or disordered eating, premarital and marital issues, cross cultural issues, depression and anxiety separation, grief and loss, relationships, and sexuality issues.

Confidentiality and Cost

All information disclosed within the therapy session is held in confidence by the counselor (trainee or intern) and the clinical supervisor, a licensed clinician. No information may be released unless the student gives written permission, except as required by law. Confidentiality may be broken when the court orders testimony or the release of records, with reasonable suspicion of child or elder abuse or with probable danger to self or others (i.e. when the student is suicidal, expresses homicidal intent or is gravely disabled).

The initial Intake phone call is free. The purpose of the first session is to discuss concerns and decide if counseling, on- or off-campus, would be beneficial. On-Site offers direct, confidential and professional counseling services at a subsidized rate for a total of 12 sessions. Students are welcomed and encouraged to continue beyond 12 sessions at a small increase in rate.  The first 6 sessions are $5 each, the subsequent 6 sessions are $10 each, and each session after that is $20 per session.  The pay scale restarts every calendar year.  To learn more, or to schedule an appointment call On-Site at 559-453-8050 or email us at

Disabilities Services

In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended in 2008 (ADA), FPU does not discriminate against students or employees with disabilities.

Fresno Pacific University values the diversity of students with disabilities and is committed to providing equal access and opportunity for all students. Students with documented disabilities can expect to have their privacy protected while being assured of reasonable and appropriate accommodations for all educational experiences. The office of Disability Access and Education serves as the liaison between faculty and students in the coordination of academic accommodations and services.

Disability Access and Education coordinates reasonable academic accommodations in classes and works with Residence Life and Facilities offices to make sure that housing and other campus services are accessible. Some examples of reasonable accommodations are listed below (examples only, not a complete list). In all cases Disability Access and Education strives to meet the unique needs of students while maintaining the integrity of academic programs and other services.

  • Test-taking accommodations
  • Alternate-format text for student with print disabilities
  • Provision of ergonomic chairs
  • Accommodations in meeting class assignments
  • Housing related accommodations:
    • Handicap accessible rooms
    • Meal plan exemptions or reductions
    • Emotional support animals

In order to receive assistance, the student with a disability must provide documentation which describes the specific disability. The documentation must be from a qualified professional in the area of the disability (i.e. psychologist, physician or educational diagnostician). We encourage students with disabilities to contact the office of Disability Access and Education before the beginning of their first semester or as soon as they are diagnosed with a disability. Once documentation is on file, arrangements for reasonable accommodations can be made.

Director of Academic and Disability Support Services

Marpeck 114
Phone: (559) 453-2247
Fax: (559) 453-7210

Service and Emotional Support Animals Policy

Policy Statement

It is the policy of Fresno Pacific University (FPU) to comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADA), the Fair Housing Act, and other applicable federal and state regulations that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability. Fresno Pacific University is aware of its responsibility to provide safe, healthy housing to all students living in university residence halls and is committed to providing equal access to university housing to all students with qualifying and documented disabilities. In keeping with this obligation, it is the policy of Fresno Pacific University that service and emotional support animals are permitted in all housing facilities in accordance with university procedures and policies. This policy includes the procedures for registering a service animal/requesting an emotional support animal and the responsibilities of the owners who have animals in university residence halls.


Service Animal (SA). Service animals are defined as adult dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. In some cases, a miniature horse may be permitted as a service animal. All other types of animals do not qualify as service animals.

Emotional Support Animal (ESA)

An adult animal providing emotional or other support to ameliorate one or more identified symptoms or effects of a documented disability.

Approved ESA

An approved Emotional Support Animal is an animal that has been permitted in designated areas of residential communities as a reasonable accommodation under this policy.


A pet is an animal kept for ordinary use and companionship and is unrelated to a documented disability. A pet is not considered an Emotional Support Animal or a Service Animal and is not covered by this policy. Individuals are not permitted to keep or bring pets into university buildings, including housing.

University Housing

Any facility owned or operated by the university for the purpose of housing residential students, whether leased or owned by the university and regardless of location.


An individual with a disability who owns/handles/manages a Service or Emotional Support Animal. This person may also be referred to as a handler.

Emergency Contact

An individual who will take responsibility for an approved animal in the event that the owner cannot be reached during an emergency. The owner will include the identity and contact information of the emergency contact on the “Service Animal and/or Emotional Support Animal Request Form”.

Conflicting Disabilities, Health Conditions and Aversions

Some people may have allergic reactions to animals that are substantial enough to qualify as a disability. Students with a medical condition or aversion who are affected by animals (e.g. allergies, asthma, respiratory conditions, zoophobia, etc.) because of close proximity to SAs or ESAs should contact Disability Access and Education. FPU will consider the needs of both the owner and the affected student/person in meeting its obligations to reasonably accommodate all disabilities and to resolve the problem as efficiently and expeditiously as possible. Students requesting allergy accommodations must register with Disability Access and Education.

If a student requests a specific housing location and the introduction of an SA or ESA causes or could cause another student to have a disability the student introducing the SA or ESA will be reassigned housing.

Emergency Response

In the event of an emergency, the emergency response team (ERT) that responds should be trained to recognize service animals and be aware that the animal may be trying to communicate the need for help. The animal may become disoriented from the smell of smoke in a fire, from loud noises such as sirens, or from shaking and moving ground. The owner or animal may be confused from the stressful situation. The ERT should be aware that the animal is trying to be protective and, in its confusion, is not automatically to be considered harmful. The ERT should make every effort to keep the animal with its owner. However, the ERT’s first effort should be towards the owner; this may necessitate leaving the animal behind in certain emergency evacuation situations.

Service Animal (SA) Policy

In compliance with applicable law, FPU allows service animals in its buildings, classrooms, residence halls, dining areas, recreational facilities, meeting, activities and events when the animal is accompanied by an individual with a documented disability who indicates the service animal is trained to provide, and does provide, a specific service to them that is directly related to their disability. Some areas of campus are not appropriate for service animals such as, but not limited to, food preparation areas, boiler rooms, construction areas, etc.

The service, work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Examples of such work tasks include but are not limited to: assisting individuals who are blind or have low vision with navigation and other tasks, alerting individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to the presence of people or sounds, providing non-violent protection or rescue work, pulling a wheelchair, assisting an individual during a seizure, alerting individuals to the presence of allergens, retrieving items such as medicine or the telephone, providing physical support and assistance with balance and stability to individuals with mobility disabilities, and helping persons with psychiatric and neurological disabilities by preventing or interrupting impulsive or destructive behaviors. The crime deterrent effects of an animal’s presence and the provision of emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship do not constitute work or tasks for the purposes of this definition. Service animals are working animals, not pets. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA but may qualify as an emotional support animal (see below). ( Bulletin July, 2011)

FPU may not permit service animals when the animal poses a substantial and direct threat to health or safety, if the animal is not house-broken, or when the presence of the animal constitutes a fundamental alteration to the nature of the program or service. FPU will make those determinations on a case-by-case basis.

Responsibility of SA Owner

Owners are responsible for any damage or injuries caused by their animal and must take appropriate precautions to prevent property damage or injury. The cost of care, arrangements and responsibilities for the well-being of a service animal are the sole responsibility of the owner at all times.

Service Animal Control Requirements

  1. The animal must be on a leash.
  2. The animal must respond to voice or hand commands and the owner must be in full control of the animal at all times.
  3. To the extent possible, the animal should be unobtrusive to other individuals and the learning, living, and working environment.
  4. Identification – The animal must wear some type of commonly recognized identification symbol, identifying the animal as a working animal, but not disclosing disability.
  5. Animal Etiquette – to the extent possible the owner should ensure that the animal does not:
    1. Sniff people, or the personal belongings of others.
    2. Display any behaviors or noises that are disruptive to others, unless part of the service being provided to the owner.
    3. Block an aisle or passageway for fire egress.
  6. Waste Cleanup
    1. Cleaning up after the animal is the sole responsibility of the owner. In the event that the owner is not physically able to clean up after the animal, it is then the responsibility of the owner to hire someone capable of cleaning up after the animal. The person cleaning up after the animal should abide by the following guidelines:
      1. Always carry equipment sufficient to clean up the animal’s feces whenever the animal is on FPU property.
      2. Properly dispose of waste in an outdoor waste container.
  • Contact staff if arrangements are needed to assist with cleanup. Any cost incurred for doing so is the sole responsibility of the owner.
  1. Housing specific: See “Housing Rules and Responsibilities of SA & ESA Owner” listed below for housing specific responsibilities.

Service Dogs in Training

A dog being trained has the same rights as a fully trained dog when accompanied by a trainer and identified as such in any place of public accommodation (as defined in ORS 659A.400). Owners of service dogs in training must also adhere to the policy and requirements for service animals and are subject to the removal policies as outlined in this policy.

Emotional Support Animals (ESA) Policy

Residence Life will allow an emotional support animal providing certain conditions are met. Students who desire to have an ESA must follow and complete all application processes. ESAs may not be brought into residential communities without prior approval from Disability Access and Education and Residence Life. Each request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Emotional Support Animals are not required to be trained to perform work or tasks and can be species other than dogs or miniature horses. However, the animal must be necessary for the resident with a documented disability to have equal access to housing and the accommodation must also be reasonable.

An accommodation is unreasonable if it:

  1. Is not approved by Disability Access and Education and Residence Life.
  2. Poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others as determined by the Assistant Dean of Student Development & Residence Life or his/her appointee.
  3. Would cause substantial physical damage to the property of the university and other residents.
  4. Would pose an undue financial and administrative burden to the university.
  5. Would fundamentally alter the nature of the university’s housing operations.

Instructions for Registering a Service Animal or Requesting an Emotional Support Animal

Registering an SA

  1. The owner must register with Disability Access and Education by filling out a “Service Animal Registration/Emotional Support Animal Request & Housing Accommodation form.” and provide the answers to the following questions:
    1. Is this service animal required because of a disability?
    2. What type of service, work or task has the animal been trained to perform?
  2. The owner of an SA whose disability is obvious and overt will not be required to provide documentation regarding their disability. However, to be able to provide the best services possible the owner of an SA should register their SA with Disability Access and Education.
  3. The owner of an SA may utilize all university services while in the process of registering with Disability Access and Education.

Registration and/or Request for Housing Accommodation

The SA or ESA owner must provide all the required documentation to the Disability Access and Education office.

  1. Complete and submit an “Application/Registration for Services/Accommodations”.
  2. An ESA owner must have a licensed medical doctor or psychiatrist complete a “Verification of Disability” form and turn it in to the Disability Access and Education office.
    1. This documentation will verify:
      1. That the owner has a diagnosed and documented disability.
      2. What symptom(s) or effect(s), of the existing disability, does the emotional support animal alleviate?
    2. Complete and submit a “Service Animal Registration/Emotional Support Animal Application & Housing Accommodation Form”.
      1. An SA Owner will be asked to provide the following information:
        1. Is this service animal required because of a disability?
        2. What type of service, work or task has the animal been trained to perform?
      2. The owner must provide Disability Access and Education with SA and ESA health documentation from a professional veterinarian every year which includes:
        1. That the animal is in good health.
        2. All vaccinations/immunizations, including rabies, (or applicable documentation for that species) are current.
        3. Spay or neuter records for dogs and cats.
        4. Applicable animals must wear a current rabies vaccination tag.
  3. The Owner must provide a copy of the City of Fresno animal license (if applicable). The SA or ESA must be licensed according to the city of Fresno’s requirements.


Once the required documentation has been submitted and reviewed by Disability Access and Education, they will contact Residence Life. Residence Life will then contact the owner to set up a meeting with a member of the Residence Life staff to review to the additional housing rules and responsibilities listed below. Once that meeting has taken place, Residence Life will notify Disability Access and Education and they will contact the Owner to communicate that the approval process is complete. At this point only can the owner can move the animal into housing.

Denials of Requests for Emotional Support Animals

The university is not required to provide accommodations that would pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others. Thus, if a particular animal requested by a student with a disability has a history of dangerous behavior or an unsafe disposition, the university will deny the request for an emotional support animal.

The university will also deny requests that would:

  1. Result in substantial physical damage to the property of others unless the threat can be eliminated or significantly reduced by a reasonable accommodation.
  2. Pose an undue financial and administrative burden on the university.
  3. Fundamentally alter the nature of the university’s operations. If your request for an emotional support animal is denied, please contact Disability Access and Education for further clarification of its decision.

Grounds for Removal of an SA or ESA

An SA or ESA may be ordered to be removed by Disability Access and Education, the Dean of Campus Life, the Assistant Dean of Student Development & Residence Life or a Campus Safety Officer for the following reasons:

Disruptive animal:

An owner may be directed to remove an animal, within 24 hours, if it is determined to be a nuisance to staff or residents. Some examples include but are not limited to excessive barking, whining, growling, yowling, howling, and grooming (licking or chewing). The animal may also be removed if it causes excessive damage.

Non-housebroken animal:

An owner may be directed to remove an animal, within 24 hours, that is not housebroken.


An owner may be directed to remove an animal, within 24 hours, if they have violated the Rules and Responsibilities of an SA or ESA Owner.

Out of control animal:

An owner may be directed to immediately remove an animal that is out of control if the owner does not take immediate effective action to control it. If it happens repeatedly, the owner may be prohibited from bringing the animal onto FPU property or into any university facility until the owner can demonstrate that s/he has taken significant steps to mitigate the behavior. Obedience and training programs are highly recommended.

Direct threat:

An owner may be directed to immediately remove an animal that FPU determines to be a substantial and direct threat to the health and safety of individuals.

If the animal poses an immediate threat and the Owner is not able to remove the animal, Animal Control may be summoned to remove the animal.

Behavior modification plans:

If the behavior of the animal can be addressed by the owner and the owner can change the behavior of an animal so that the animal does not have to be removed, a written action plan must be submitted to the Assistant Dean of Student Development & Residence Life. The action plan must outline the action that will take place to change the behavior, and provide a date by which the plan will be complete and behavior changed. Any action plan must meet the approval of the Assistant Dean of Student Development & Residence Life. During the time the action plan is submitted and awaiting decision, the animal must be removed from university property. The day after the deadline for the animal to be removed from housing, Residence Life staff will inspect the room for damages and infestations. Any owner found not adhering to the removal directive will be subject to the Restorative Discipline process.

When a SA or ESA is properly removed pursuant to this policy, FPU will work with the owner to determine reasonable alternative opportunities to participate in the service, program or activity without having the service animal on the premises.

Additional Housing Rules and Responsibilities of an SA & ESA Owner

Upon approval of an SA or ESA, residential staff, Campus Safety and other pertinent university officials will be notified as appropriate. The student’s roommate(s) will be notified to obtain their acknowledgement of the approval.

Once the animal has been approved the Owner must abide by the following rules and responsibilities. Failure to comply may lead to sanctions including removal of the animal from university housing.

  1. The Owner must be in full control of the SA or ESA at all times (i.e. leash, harness, or crate). The SA or ESA must wear collars and tags at all times. Dogs or cats must be kept on a leash at all times when not in the resident’s bedroom.
  2. The owner is solely responsible for the animal’s well-being, care and cleaning, including but not limited to regular feeding, bathing, grooming, daily care and veterinary services. The animal must not be bathed in an on-campus facility. FPU requires humane treatment of any animal.
  3. The ESA will remain in the owner’s university assigned room and is not permitted in other student’s rooms or the common areas of the residential facilities, and other areas of the University such as classrooms, academic buildings, administrative buildings, restrooms, libraries, dining service areas, fitness center, pool etc.
  4. When SAs or ESAs are left unattended in a student’s room, they are required to be contained in a Residence Life approved crate, carrier or kennel. This containment will allow FPU officials to routinely gain access to the residential facilities for maintenance and other routine tasks without posing risk to the animal or employees.
  5. The SA or ESA may not be left unattended overnight in the residential facilities and they may not be cared for by another student. SAs or ESAs must be taken off-campus with the owner if they leave campus for a prolonged period of time or if they are gone overnight.
  6. ESAs must be taken out of the building by way of the shortest and most direct path, and must be maintained under standard restraints such as a carrier and/or collar when outdoors or in transit and must be confined to the owner’s room when not in transit.
  7. Dogs must be “house broken” and cats must be litter box trained. Other smaller animals (i.e. gerbils, rabbits, guinea pigs etc.) must be caged and may not be left loose in the student’s room.
  8. Fecal matter deposited on University grounds or within the facilities need to be removed immediately, secured in a plastic bag (preferably one that can zip closed) and disposed of in outdoor waste containers. Animal feces may not be disposed of in any indoor trash receptacle or through the sewer system. The owner is to arrange for immediate removal of fecal matter if unable to perform the task personally.
  9. Residents with cats must properly maintain litter boxes. In consideration of the health of the cat and occupants of the residence hall room, cat litter box contents must be cleaned and disposed of daily. The litter box must be changed with new cat litter regularly as outlined by the manufacturer.
  10. Animal urine, feces, or other bodily fluids within the residence hall room must be immediately cleaned up using appropriate cleaning products provided by the owner.
  11. Regular and routine cleaning of floors, kennels and cages must occur. The owner has an obligation to ensure that the room is as clean as the original standard. The owner will be responsible for replacement or repair of damaged items caused by the animal or any extraordinary cleaning. The odor of an animal emanating from the residence hall room or apartment is not acceptable and is grounds for removal.
  12. In addition to regular Residence Life room checks, the SA or ESA owner’s residence may be inspected for fleas, ticks, pests, and/or damage to the residential facilities once a semester or as needed. The Office of Campus Life will schedule the inspection and notify the resident in advance of the scheduled inspection. If fleas, ticks, or other pests are detected through inspection, the residence hall will be treated using approved fumigation methods by a university-approved pest control service. Animal owners may want to take precautionary measures such as flea medications prescribed by a veterinarian, flea and tick collars, or flea and tick baths. Because not all of the precautions listed here can prevent flea and tick infestations, the owner is responsible for extermination costs when needed. Any flea infestation must be attended to promptly by a professional extermination company at the owner’s expense. Owners are expected to promptly notify FPU residential staff, who will then arrange for any necessary cleaning and/or extermination services. FPU will then bill the owner for the expense of the cleaning and/or extermination. Because of the possible sensitivity of others, owners are not permitted to use chemical agents and insecticides to treat infestations on their own.
  13. The owner will notify Residence Life immediately if the animal has escaped its confines and is unable to be located.
  14. The owner will hold the university blameless in the event the SA or ESA goes missing. University staff are not responsible for the retrieval of the animal in the event the animal escapes or becomes lost.
  15. The owner will take all reasonable precautions to protect employees, residents and guests as well as the property of the university and residents.
  16. The owner will be financially responsible for expenses incurred for damages, losses, liability, claims, and harm to others caused by the SA or ESA. The university strongly encourages the owner to acquire renter’s or home owner’s liability insurance to cover any damage caused by the SA or ESA.
  17. Upon check-out the owner must take the animal with him/her.
  18. The owner must notify Disability Access and Education in writing if the SA or ESA is no longer needed or is no longer living in university housing.
  19. To replace a previously approved ESA, the owner must complete a new “Service Animal and/or Emotional Support Animal Request Form” and any other related forms to the Disability Access and Education.

Violations concerning any of the aforementioned may result in the resident finding alternative off-campus housing (within 24 hours) for the animal and, as warranted, may also result in disciplinary action which could include loss of on-campus housing.

Financial Services

The Student Financial Services Office is devoted to efficiently servicing the financial needs of the students at Fresno Pacific University. The staff members are caring, accomplished professionals dedicated to providing excellent service. The Student Financial Services Office offers resources that will guide students through the processes of financing an education, applying for financial aid and maintaining their student account. Our goal is to guide students through all aspects of the financial processes, equip students with helpful resources and encourage Christian stewardship. For more information go to:

The university reserves the right at any time to change its student charges and policies if the board of trustees deems it necessary to do so.

The following financial information can be found in university catalog: Tuition costs, Room & board costs, University service fees, Deadlines for payment, Methods/means of payment, Financial Plans, Refund schedules, Appeals and petitions, Financial aid application procedures, Financial aid deadlines, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Scholarships & Grants, Student loan information, and other aid programs.

Helpful information can also be found on the Student Financial Services website at

Food Services

Provider Contract Food Services is the food and catering services provider for Fresno Pacific University.

Provider brings together a staff of professionally trained chefs from diverse culinary backgrounds and hospitality managers with decades of retail dining experience to elevate the art of breaking bread. They enjoy taking a fresh new slant on food preparation and presentation to achieve up-to-date and flavorful menu selections. Their chef-driven strategy allows a stronger focus on customer satisfaction, premier food quality, and artful presentation.

Dining Locations and Service Hours

The dining hall is located in the Larry A. Shehadey dining room inside the Steinert Campus Center.

DeliCraft is also located in the Larry A. Shehadey dining room, with a separate entrance located on the east side of the building next to the patio seating area. 

Charlotte’s Coffee Corner is located in Alumni Hall.

Current hours of operation for each location can be found on the FPU Dining Services page Dining Services | Fresno Pacific University.

Meal Plans

Fresno Pacific University (FPU) offers a variety of meal plans for all students.  Residential and commuter students can choose from the meal plans on the FPU Dining Services page Dining Services | Fresno Pacific University. Meal plans and Bird Bucks (the extra dollars included with meal plans) can be used in the Caf, DeliCraft, or Charlotte’s Coffee Corner. 

These meal plans and Bird Bucks can only be used in the semester they were purchased. Unused meal plan swipes or Bird Bucks expire after the last scheduled meal of the semester, they do not roll over from semester to semester. Unused meal plan swipes or Bird Bucks cannot be reimbursed for cash or credit.

Flex dollars are also available for purchase in $50 increments at any point throughout the semester. These dollars do not expire at the end of the semester and can be used at any location that accepts meal plan swipes or Bird Bucks. 

Walk-In Rates 

See the Provider cashier in the Caf for current walk-in rates. 

Payment Options

The following forms of payment are accepted at all dining locations: 

  • Meal Plan Swipes 
  • Bird Bucks
  • Flex Dollars 
  • Credit Cards
  • ApplePay 
  • Cash

Board/Meal Plan Reduction or Exemption Requests

Exemptions from or reductions of the meal plan are rare and only in the case of documented health conditions that require special diets which cannot be accommodated by the food service provider. Students can apply for an exemption or reduction by submitting an Application for Services/Accommodations Request Form and the Verification of Disability Form with sufficiently detailed documentation from a recognized professional medical doctor (M.D.) with expertise related to the condition to the Disabilities Access and Education office. The request forms are available in Student Life or the Disability Access and Education office. 

To be considered for a meal plan exemption or reduction you must register with the Disability Access and Education office prior to the second Friday of the semester for which you are applying for an exemption. Requests submitted after that day will be considered for future terms. Requests for exemptions must be submitted annually and are considered on a case-by-case basis. 

Financial difficulty does not qualify for a meal plan exemption or reduction. Requests for exemptions for reasons such as a vegetarian diet, work or class schedule, access to a kitchen, or personal preferences are not considered.

In the case of food allergies, sensitivities, and/or other dietary restrictions, the food service provider will make every attempt to meet your specific needs as long as the appropriate medical verification has been submitted to the Disability Access and Education office.

Dining Hall Hours

Meals for students are served daily in the Larry A. Shehadey Dining Room during the following hours:

Monday to Friday

Breakfast 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Dinner 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. 

Saturday & Sunday

Weekend Cafe: 11:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Charlotte's Hours

Monday to Thursday

7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.


7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Saturday & Sunday


Deli Craft

Monday to Thursday

11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.


11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Saturday & Sunday


Notary Public

A notary public is available on campus. Please call ahead to make an appointment.

Gary Estes

Location: McDonald Hall 204

Phone: (559) 453-2250


Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm

Veterans’ Services

Fresno Pacific University is approved by the Bureau of Private Post-secondary Education as a degree-granting institution for the attendance of veterans (chapters 30, 31, 1606) and their dependents (chapter 35) under Campus Life Staff 38, United States Code to be eligible for veteran benefits. Veterans and/or their dependents who plan to enroll in the university are encouraged to contact the veterans’ certifying official in the Registrar’s Office to file the appropriate paperwork with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. For more information about veteran benefits contact the Department of Veterans’ Affairs at