Signage and Posting Guide
The goal of the signage and posting guide serves three distinct purposes: (1) to acknowledge student, staff, and faculty desire to advertise for their events, (2) to respect the university’s desire to be good stewards of our campus, and (3) to appropriate the most efficient way of advertising so that the most can be gained from each poster/flier.
- A poster can be classified as either of the following items: (1) an 18”x24” or 24”x36” poster printed by Campus Life, or (2) an 11”x17”
- A flier is anything smaller than 11”x17”
- All publicity materials must be approved by Campus Life prior to posting.
- The only exceptions are (1) election posters, which may be approved by Student Government, and (2) posters created by staff and faculty.
- Posters and fliers must be removed three weeks from the approval date, or one day after the event, whichever comes first.
- Posters may only be posted on windows adjacent to doorways.
- No posting of any kind is allowed on doors.
- Fliers are not allowed on windows or doors, and can only be posted on bulletin boards.
- Posters and Flyers are not allowed in the Bookstore or Charlotte's Corner.
- Only one advertisement per event may be posted in the same area.
- Posters for events must be specific in nature, and include the following items:
- Date and time
- Name of group hosting the event
- For windows, materials may only be adhered with foam Scotch Wall Mounting Tabs. If a poster is put up with anything other Scotch Wall Mounting Tabs, it will be removed without notice.
- Materials must be adhered at all four corners. If your poster falls off, it will be brought back to Campus Life and held for one week for you to retrieve. After one week, the poster will be discarded.
- For bulletin boards, staples and pushpins are allowed.